Palpable peace has finally returned to the Abia State House of Assembly following the decision of the warring lawmakers and the intervention of the state government with few days to the end of the administration of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and the leadership of the 7th Abia Assembly.
Unconfirmed reports have it that peace was brokered between the two factions in a meeting that had the presence of the deputy governor of the state.
Below is the speech of the Abia State House of Assembly Speaker at the end of the truce.
Being Text of Address by the Speaker,
Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji FNSE, on the Peaceful Resolution of the Crisis in the 7th Abia State House of Assembly this 24th Day of May, 2023
1. Whereas on the 2nd Day of May, 2023, some members of Abia State House of Assembly purportedly gathered at a government facility namely Emeka Omeruah Guest House, Umuahia and claimed to have impeached the Speaker of the 7th Abia State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji FNSE.
2. And whereas, the House of Assembly in its duly convened plenary session on the same 2nd May, 2023, impeached the Deputy Speaker, Rt Hon Ifeanyi Uchendu who presided over the said illegal session outside the legislative chambers and also suspended some members of the House whose pictures appeared in that illegal sitting
And whereas the above actions and inactions created crisis in the Assembly.
IT IS HEREBY PEACEFULLY RESOLVED AS FOLLOWS:
1. That the suspension of some Honourable Members of the House of Assembly is hereby lifted and voided via legislative actions.
2. That Rt Hon Egwuronu Mandela Obasi remains the Deputy Speaker of the 7th Abia State House of Assembly.
3. That the House shall reconvene in an extra-ordinary session on the 26th Day of May, 2023 for presentation and consideration of End-of-Tenure reports from the following committees.
a. Committee report on Public Accounts and MDG’s
b. Committee report on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
c. Committee report on Works and projects implementation
d. Committee report on Health institutions
e. Ad-hoc Committee report on Joint Projects
f. Ad-hoc Committee report on completion of JAAC Building
g. Consideration of Appropriate Date for Valedictory Session of the 7th Assembly.
1. Rt Hon Chinedum
Enyinnaya Orji FNSE
2. Rt Hon Egwuronu Obasi
3. Hon Solomon Akpulonu
4. Hon Chijioke Chukwu
Disclaimer: infonte9ja.com shall not be liable to Opinions, Articles or Features that doesn't emanate from any of its staff and management. We also wish to reiterate that such personal or sponsored opinion, article or feature does not reflect the views of the publishers of infonet9ja.com, but the writer's
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org | For Advert and other info, you can call 09061217047 or send a WhatsApp Message to 09061217047
5. Hon A.C. Thomas Nkoro
6. Hon Paul Taribo
7. Hon Mike Ukoha
8. Hon Abraham Oba
9. Hon Kelechi Onuzuruike
10. Hon Emeka Okoroafor
11. Hon Jerry Uzosike
12. Hon Stanley Nwabuisi
13. Hon Emmanuel Ndubuisi
14. Hon Nnamdi Allen Nwachukwu
15. Hon Ginger Onwusibe
16. Hon Aaron Uzodike