Sex during pregnancy is good for both you and your baby: It can help you sleep better, lower your blood pressure, and even make you happier!
Some people think that if you have sex during pregnancy, the semen will spill on the baby and might kill it OR the penis might be hitting the baby’s head and affect it OR contractions from an orgasm might cause miscarriage. Well, these are all misconceptions.
When you’re pregnant the cervix position is firm, long and closed until the third trimester. Some doctors believe that prostaglandins in semen may induce labor in a full-term or past-due pregnancy, since the gel used to “ripen” the cervix and induce labor also contains prostaglandins.
However, the only exception to sex during pregnancy is if your doctor or midwife has told you specifically that you that it might be a problem due to vaginal bleeding, recurrent miscarriage, cervical incompetence or anything else that poses a risk.
Now lets talk about the benefits of having sex when you’re pregnant.
1. Sex during pregnancy is a form of exercise. It can help you stay active and healthy. You burn out up to 50 calories in just half an hour and this is good for both you and your baby.
2. Sex is a great way to prevent high blood pressure during pregnancy. It can reduce the risk of preeclampsia. Sperm contains a special protein that increases the chances for a successful pregnancy
3. Sex reduces pain and discomfort. This is because of the feel-good hormone (oxytocin) which is released when you have an orgasm. Oxytocin can increase your tolerance for pain. After sex, you may notice you don’t even feel that achy back or crampy leg anymore.
4. Sex can boost your immunity. Pregnant women are usually more vulnerable to illnesses BUT researches have shown that the Oxytocin released during orgasm can boost your immune system and defend your body against infections and illnesses.
5. During pregnancy, sex offers the couple or partners the opportunity to explore certain sex positions they may not have tried before. You may even later prefer those positions as your favorites even after delivery.
6. Sex creates a bond between the partners as the two people do not have to sexually starve for over 9 months. When sex continuous during pregnancy it doesn’t break the bond between them.
7. Pregnancy can be an emotional roller coaster, as you might sometimes find yourself feeling anxious, weepy or stressed, but sex can be a great way to decompress and just be in the moment.
10. Sex is even more enjoyable during pregnancy especially for the woman because the blood flow in her vulva.
11. Sex can help you feel more relaxed. So you might find yourself tossing and turning a little less afterwards. The rocking can even calm your baby to sleep, which could mean fewer kicks while you’re trying to doze off.
12. Sex during pregnancy can make delivery easier, this is because the sperm is rich in hormone known as prostaglandins which helps in uterus contractions.
Take note that you should not feel compelled to have sex. Every woman’s body is different.
Not every pregnant woman feels like having sex. If you feel like it and you’re comfortable with it, go ahead.
Sex during pregnancy is not harmful and can continue throughout the nine months of pregnancy unless your doctor or midwife has said otherwise.
Don’t forget to get a good pregnancy supplement that can keep you and your baby healthy and safe throughout pregnancy.
Disclaimer: infonte9ja.com shall not be liable to Opinions, Articles or Features that doesn't emanate from any of its staff and management. We also wish to reiterate that such personal or sponsored opinion, article or feature does not reflect the views of the publishers of infonet9ja.com, but the writer's
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org | For Advert and other info, you can call 09061217047 or send a WhatsApp Message to 09061217047
A good one you can use is NATAL CARE or NATAL CARE PLUS. The recommended usage is one tablet per day throughout pregnancy.