Gunmen Kill Two Policemen, Abduct Two Others In Enugu

0
Unknown gunmen this morning set one vehicle and a motorcycle ablaze at Ebebe Junction, opposite Pa-Ngele Oruta township
Unknown gunmen this morning set one vehicle and a motorcycle ablaze at Ebebe Junction, opposite Pa-Ngele Oruta township

Gunmen have killed two policemen and abducted two others in a checkpoint attack at the Cashew Bus Stop, Corridor Area of Independence Layout in Enugu.

The body of one of the policemen in uniform was seen in a viral video on Thursday afternoon with residents claiming he was shot on the forehead.

An eyewitness said that the gunmen, numbering about six, came in Mercedes Benz and Toyota Jeep with hoods.

It was learnt that the continuous shooting caused pandemonium in the area as people ran for safety.

READ ALSO:   Abia Assembly Felicitates Governor Ikpeazu at 57

The Nation gathered about seven policemen were at the checkpoint when the incident happened around 12: 30noon.

When The Nation visited the scene on Thursday afternoon, it was observed that the checkpoint had been cleared.

There was also free movement of vehicles as the remains of the cops were said to have been deposited in a morgue.

READ ALSO:   Dr. Nwankwo 2019: Preparation Meets opportunity

A vigilante member, who identified himself simply as Ani, said it was incomprehensible how gunmen could easily gain access to that busy area, attacked policemen and still escaped unchallenged.

He said: “Though, I wasn’t around when the incident happened. But the information I got showed that the gunmen took the policemen by surprise.

“From what I heard, this place was brutal earlier today. I think their targets were the policemen who mounted a checkpoint. And I heard that two of them were killed instantly with two of the policemen abducted”.

READ ALSO:   Police nab trickstar for alleged theft of tricycle in Enugu

Enugu Police spokesman, Daniel Ndukwe, who confirmed the attack, said information surrounding the incident was still sketchy.

He however said a manhunt of the hoodlums had been initiated.

Ndukwe said: “Information surrounding the incident is still sketchy.


Disclaimer: infonte9ja.com shall not be liable to Opinions, Articles or Features that doesn't emanate from any of its staff and management. We also wish to reiterate that such personal or sponsored opinion, article or feature does not reflect the views of the publishers of infonet9ja.com, but the writer's
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to infonetnews9ja@gmail.com | For Advert and other info, you can call 09061217047 or send a WhatsApp Message to 09061217047

“Meanwhile, the manhunt of the hoodlums has been initiated. Further development will be communicated, please”.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.